Friday, January 7, 2011

kindles: they don't suck

I was starting the new year with the mind set that I was going to try to read one book at a time, as to finish the books more efficiently, but to hell with that. I'm ready about 5 books right now, and starting more by the day.
  I think that's one of the problems I have... i tend to start things way more then I finished them. That includes starting knitting projects or extra credit work or anything that involves a finish line. Ugg. It's quite annoying... I'm hoping to finish three of the 5 books that I'm reading (An Abundance of Katherines, Harry Potter 1, and LA Candy) and write reviews on them.
  I'm reading An Abundance of Katherines on my father's Kindle (don't judge me...) and I like using the Kindle far more than I thought... Just last week I was set against them. You can't smell them, you can't turn the page, you can't go to the store and look through the shelves to pick out the best book... etc, etc. Though there are so many pros! You can get free classic books, you can listen to the book using text-to-speech, you don't have to worry about the book flopping, it's light, and the text is adjustable. So actually, it's quite a joy. I'm hoping to read lots of classics on it like Tolstoy, Jane Austen, Phantom... There are just so many choices!
  Okay, so now that I've finished my rant on how amazing Kindles are, I think I'll go and use it. Almost half way through Kathtines and almost finished with HP (reading the series for the third-or-fourth-or-fifth-er-i-can't-remember time). Keep calm and read on!
**in omnia paratus

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the stacks next to my bed...they keep growing. I think I'm reading five books right now. Truth is, when a book really grabs me, that's all I'm reading. So, none of these are grabbing me, altho I'm really enjoying them each in their own way. Last books that grabbed me? The Hunger Games series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I have the same starting-but-not-finishing problem. I have 3 books on the go (Blood and Chocolate, I Capture the Castle, and Harry Potter 6), and a bunch of knitting projects that have to be finished (a pair of fingerless mitts to be seamed, a neckwarmer that needs its ends woven in and some buttons, etc). It's kinda nuts.

    I'm warming up to the idea of e-readers, but I'd be worried about losing one :p

    ReplyDelete